Baptism28 Dec 1739, Bowes, YKS
Bapt Memos Thomas & Issabell Laidman of Howloulgill
Death31 Dec 1804, Bowes, YKS
Death MemoAged 65
Burial3 Jan 1805, Bowes, YKS
Burial MemoAged 65
The Universal British Directory, London, 1792, gives a list of householders at that date.
Where the letter "F" appears after a name, it signified that the person is a freeholder.
LANDMAN [sic], Jonathan. F. Farmer.
However, this could refer to Jonathan Laidman M1412.
St Giles Churchyard, Bowes, Yorks., MI, Grave No 238 Headstone:
in memory of Jonathan
and Elizabeth Laidman
Elizh Wife of Jonan
Laidman Died Decr Ye
1st 1795 Aged 42
Jonan Laidman Died
Decr 31st 1804 Aged 65
Durham Record Office, Ref No. D/MOB 7/117
17 January 1776
(1) James Robinson of Barnard Castle, blacksmith, Robert Sewell of High Close, parish of Saint John, Yorkshire, and Joseph Willis of [ ] in the parish of Cockfield, yeoman
(2) [ ] Stanley of [ ] in the parish of Bowes, gent., and Thomas Bow of Kilmond Wood in the parish of Bowes, yeoman, Overseers of the Poor in the parish of Bowes, and Thomas Binckes of Stonyfield in the parish of Bowes, gent., and Jonathan Laydman of Bowes, yeoman, Churchwardens of the Parish of Bowes
Bond of (1) to (2) in £40 to indemnify the parish of Bowes in respect of the bastard child with which Jane Rain [of Bowes] is pregnant
Durham Record Office, Ref No. D/HH 3/4/148
1 December 1824
(1) James Hyslop of Gilmonby, Yorks., grocer and Mary, his wife
(2) John Martin of Arkengarthdale, Yorks., yeoman and Margaret, his wife
(3) Thomas Kipling of Howlowgill, Bowes, Yorks., yeoman and Elizabeth, his wife
(4) Thomas Wheldon of Barnard Castle, gentleman (The ladies being the heirs of Jonathan Laidman of Bowes who died intestate)
Deed to lead to the uses of a fine of a messuage at Gilmonby and a close called Lowfield (3a.) with the cow house thereon at Bowes, by (1), (2) and (3) to (4) in trust for (1) and (3) as tenants in common
(parchment, 1 membrane)
Durham Record Office, Ref No. D/HH 3/4/56:
Legacy Duty receipts and papers for the estate of Jonathan Laidman deceased, 1 - 9 March 1825
(1 file, printed form)
Durham Record Office, Ref No. D/HH 3/4/155
Memorandum concerning the baptism, marriage and burial certificates required for Jonathan Laidman and Thomas Kipling, n.d.
The Certificate of Baptism of Jonathan Laidman of...
The Marriages, and the Certificate of Baptisms of all his Children - Thomas Kipling -----? --? property ----- about the month of ----? 1839 as Bachelor intestate having Mr Kipling of Houlowgill his ---- ? Brother S----?
Marriage4 Jun 1775, Bowes, YKS
Mary (Twin), 10782, N1968 (bp. 1776-)